Wednesday, December 23, 2015



Back to Vietnam

In Mark 16:15, Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."  Over the past several years, I have made two mission trips to Vietnam.  In 2016 I will have an opportunity to return once again.  I will be joining the West Ohio Conference Mission Team as they travel once again to Vietnam between March 29 and April 11, 2016.

This trip, we plan to visit northern Vietnam.  We will meet with newly formed United Methodist congregations and their pastors.  We will also visit several cultural and geographical sites (including the "Hanoi Hilton") and remember the sacrifices of American soldiers during the war.

This will be a "riding" tour.  We will travel primarily on small motorbikes.  At the end of our tour, we will donate the bikes to the United Methodist Vietnamese pastors.

I would ask for your support in helping this mission become a reality.  First and foremost, I would ask for your prayers... for me, for the members of the mission team, for the Vietnamese pastors, for the United Methodist Mission in Vietnam, and for God to change and renew the hearts and minds of all who are involved in this endeavor.

Second, I would ask for your support (if possible)... in raising the $2,700 to cover the cost of the trip and to buy a motorbike that will be donated to a Vietnamese United Methodist pastor.  My church, Kingsley UMC will be the collection point for all funds donated to this trip.  Checks can be made out to:  Kingsley UMC - Vietnam Mission and sent to the following address:

Kingsley UMC
15482 Mendon Road
Van Wert, OH  45891

Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations..."  This is our mission, my mission, and the mission of the church.  Help me make this dream mission a reality.  Thanks for your prayers and support.

In His Service,
Gary Ginter

No comments:

Post a Comment