Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine Thoughts...

Yes, Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Time to express love and devotion to the one you love. This year I offer a poem for your enjoyment. Not that I consider myself to be a poet laureate by any stretch of the imagination... but when inspiration strikes and you find the words to convey something you are passionate about, well, then let the words speak for themselves.

Further, I would invite anyone who has a desire to dabble in the mire of poetry to share their views and their prose. Feel free to post your own Valentine offering for our reading entertainment.

For Valentine's Day 2012, I offer for your reading and thought provoking pleasure, a poem I wrote some time ago about things that pique my interest and my passions...

Evening Star

As day draws to its weary end and sunlight fades away,
I slowly lift my eyes to seek a heavenly display.
The sun gives way to purple hues, as shadows cast their spell;
The evening star shines bright above, with stories yet to tell.

As prelude to a wondrous sight, the evening star sets sail;
Promises of more to come begin now to unveil.
An other-worldly show takes place before my very eyes;
Suns and moons and galaxies all twinkle in the skies.

I watch enraptured as the heavens slowly come to life,
And for a while I put aside all troubles, cares, and strife.
I stand amazed at all I see, and wonder at the night,
Of places far beyond my mind that glory in my sight.

Quietly, I turn aside, and slowly walk away,
And cast my eyes along the path that culminates my day.
Before me shines my evening star, a beauty to behold,
And with each step, she draws me close, and promises unfold.

My evening star, with hair so soft, and eyes of starlit fire;
A vision now before me forms, and fills me with desire.
Her presence near, the night unfolds, with promises to share;
Heavenly bodies now embrace in love beyond compare.

Passions spent, the weary souls await the newborn day,
And rest assured, secure in heart, that love will find its way.
The evening star, its quest fulfilled, awaits in patient need,
Till evening approaches once again, and destiny takes heed

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment