Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vietnam Countdown...


Yes, I am counting down the days and the hours. I will be flying out of Cincinnati next Tuesday morning at 8:30 am, then to Chicago, then a 14 hour flight to Seoul South Korea, and finally a 5 hour flight to Hanoi, Vietnam (altogether, some 20 hours of flying!). It has been two years since my amazing journey to Vietnam, and I am very anxious to renew friendships with the Vietnamese United Methodist pastors and their congregations, and to see more of their amazing country.

We will be spending a few days in the Hanoi area, doing some sight-seeing (including Ho Chi Mihn's tomb and the "Hanoi Hilton" POW facility, and Ha Long Bay) before we fly to DaNang to pick up our motorbikes. From DaNang, we will ride through the mountains and Central Highlands, visiting cities big and villages small, meeting with pastors and congregations as we are welcomed into their churches along the way. Our bike ride will take us to Ho Chi Mihn City (formerly Saigon) where we will spend a few days at the United Methodist Center in Vietnam. At the end of our motorbike journey, we will give away our bikes as gifts to Vietnamese United Methodist pastors to take home to use in their ministry.

My prayer, my request, is that you would keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Lift up this mission, the volunteers who I will be traveling with, the Vietnamese pastors who are courageously giving of the time and talents for God, for the small but vibrant and growing congregations, and especially for the people of Vietnam who have yet to meet Jesus personally.

Jesus said, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." Follow the 2012 Mission team through the Vietnamese countryside. I plan to do my best to update this blog daily, to keep you informed as to our location each day, and the highlights of our mission. So, stay tuned for Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment