Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thank Heaven for Little Girls...

There nothing in the world to compare with a new-born baby...especially when it's your own grand-daughter. On Tuesday morning, April 28th, 2009 at 6:07 am, the world welcomed Jillian Christine Saris, daughter to Bethany (Ginter) Saris and her husband Matt Saris, and little sister to Alexa Saris. Baby Jill weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and measured 20 inches long.

While Nola and I were not able to make the trip to Akron in time for the delivery, by the time she was 12 hours old, we were there! So small, so tiny and fragile, yet so beautiful and precious in our eyes. What a wonderful creation of God, and how lucky are we to be a part of her life.

Grand-children are a special blessing. Now don't get the wrong idea, because I love my three children...each is different and unique in their own way....but there's just something about a grand-child that captivates your attention. For some reason, we can't help but carry around pictures of them. We can't wait to drive hundreds of miles just to see them and hold them, even if for just a few minutes. And we can't wait to spend money on them and spoil them.


As a grandparent, I am amazed by these tiny little humans. So fragile, yet so strong with the will to survive. And I am amazed by my children, as I have watched as both my daughter and my son-in-law have become wonderful parents. I am proud of both of them and the love they shower upon both their daughters (my grand-daughters Alexa and Jillian) only make me love them more.

As a parent, grandparent, and as a pastor, I am equally amazed at the precious gift God has allowed us to raise and love. As I sit and hold little Jillian, my mind can't help but wonder...what will she grow up to be? What will she look like? What kinds of things will she enjoy in her life? and what kind of relationship will she have with her mom and dad, her grandma, and her old grandpa??

God has certainly been good to our family. He has blessed us beyond measure, and for that I thank Him and I praise Him. And for my grand-daughters, I especially thank Him. Yes, thank heaven for little girls...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment